Segars Engineering is a fast growing design firm located in Charlottesville, VA. The firm is focused on providing 3D designs to a growing list of Fortune 500 clients. Our motto is “See it, Solve it!” because we believe that seeing the problem is the first step towards a solution. The company culture emphasizes teamwork in an interdisciplinary setting. Please see our website at www.segarsengineering.com for examples of our work.
Segars Engineering is looking for a full-time Construction Manager for work primarily in our satellite office in Covington, VA. Job duties include construction management of multiple, simultaneous projects requiring extensive client contact and collaboration with both engineering and operations personnel. Work will involve management of various mechanical and structural projects, and may include processes and support systems such as piping and HVAC. Some reporting and desk work will be required. Excellent communications skills and an outgoing personality are needed for managing projects successfully. The ability to work independently while passing off important information to supervisors and represent the firm well to the client on a daily basis is required.
Candidate must also be able to work in a field environment—climbing ladders, navigating narrow catwalks and moving safely among large pieces of equipment and large-diameter pipes is a job requirement.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in engineering or a construction related program
- Minimum 10 years of experience in engineering and Project Management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and capability to work in a field environment
Qualifications considered ideal but not required:
- Experience with project management software
- Construction Management Experience
- Experience in the pulp and paper or a process industry
Segars Engineering strives to compensate all of its employees in the top 25th percentile for their particular discipline or area of expertise. Benefits include competitive salary plus 2 weeks vacation, extra paid charitable vacation, holidays, sick leave, health care and bonus compensation, life insurance plan, reimbursement for gym membership and Simple (matching) IRA.
Direct all inquiries to email@example.com, Subject: Construction Manager Position
Segars Engineering is looking for a licensed Electrical Engineer to help meet a growing demand from our most valued clients. This individual may be eligible for partnership status if certain criteria are met.
The winning candidate will design, specify and support capital and expense projects within a plant/mill setting while supporting the mill safety, reliability, and improvement efforts. The candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple engineering disciplines, with the primary focus on electrical and instrument engineering. The work will require interaction with Project and Process Engineers, as well as Maintenance and Operations personnel.
- Prepare electrical schematics for instruments, controls, electrical devices, pumps and motors.
- Prepare engineering designs, specifications, and technical recommendations necessary to support procurement and construction activities.
- Assist with process design activities including equipment sizing, design of PFD’s and P&ID’s, loop sheets, E/I diagrams, process control and instrument specification.
- Ensure equipment and materials are procured and installed as per Regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70 (NEC), ASME, API etc) and client company’s engineering standards and specifications.
- Write brief reports, estimates and construction management plans. (Fluent knowledge of the English language is required.)
- Coordinate and review vendor equipment, installation and other discipline drawings for operability and maintainability input.
- Assist in developing capital investment proposals and including detailed design and construction of approved capital projects.
- Apply technical know-how and analysis to understand complex designs. Collaborate with client project engineer to identify the optimal design solution for various operating problems and for installation of new or modified equipment.·
- Ensure project design and implementation abides by mill/plant safety policies.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in electrical design for a manufacturing environment and a professional engineer’slicense.
- Experience in pulp and paper or manufacturing industry and exposure to construction services is desired. Desired candidate must be physically capable of climbing a 20 foot ladder and navigating through production equipment.
- Knowledge of power distribution equipment (switchgear, breakers, capacitors, load sharing) as well as PLC’s and DCS systems and VFD’s (variable frequency drives).
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit and/or 3D modeling desired.
- Familiar with Feasibility/Front End Loading studies.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Segars Engineering strives to compensate all of its employees in the top 25th percentile for their particular discipline or area of expertise. We offer IRA contributions, health care and bonus compensation, life insurance plan and reimbursement for gym membership.
Direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Electrical Engineer Position
Segars Engineering is looking for an experienced Structural/Civil Engineer for our Covington, VA office. The winning candidate should have BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited school plus 5-10 years of related experience. An MS in Structural engineering as well as a Virginia PE would be ideal but not required. Exposure to both civil and structural work is a plus, as is construction management experience. The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Field experience and aptitude. A desire to excel at identifying problems and solutions in a light or heavy industrial environment.
- Experience with creating, reading, and editing structural and civil drawings. Architectural, piping and equipment drawing experience a plus.
- Skilled at data collection (field measurements), analysis and optimizing structures to improve overall performance.
- The ability to lead capital project teams in ensuring that all project success criteria are met.
- Engineering/construction contractor interface experience.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Revit modeling programs.
- Familiarity with capital project feasibility studies, budgetary estimates and alternatives analysis.
- Manage scheduling, invoicing, cost control and closeout of all capital projects.
- Able to provide engineering oversight from concept to completion.
- Maintaining continuing education, advancing, and evaluating new civil and structural technologies.
- Able to reduce complex problems to simple set of solutions.
- Able to communicate technical and business information effectively.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, for both construction and managerial decision-making.
- Coach, develop, and mentor direct reports of all experience levels.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering with 5-10 years experience.
- Masters or EIT desired. (PE preferred.)
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit and RISA 3D modeling desired.
- Physical ability to climb stairs, ladders and navigate equipment platforms.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Segars Engineering strives to compensate all employees in the top 25th percentile for their particular discipline or area of expertise. We offer IRA contributions, health care and bonus compensation, life insurance plan and reimbursement for spa membership.
Direct all inquiries to email@example.com, Subject: Structural Engineer Position