Recent Posts by Admin
Segars Engineering is looking for an experienced Structural/Civil Engineer to join our interdisciplinary team at our satellite office in Covington, Virginia. The winning candidate should have a BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited school plus 5-10 years of related experience. An MS in Structural engineering as well as a Virginia PE would be ideal but not required. Exposure to both civil and structural work is a plus, as is construction management experience. The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Field experience and aptitude. A desire to excel at identifying problems and solutions in a light or heavy industrial environment.
- Experience with creating, reading, and editing structural and civil drawings. Architectural, piping and equipment drawing experience a plus.
- Skilled at data collection (field measurements), analysis and optimizing structures to improve overall performance.
- The ability to lead capital project teams in ensuring that all project success criteria are met.
- Engineering/construction contractor interface experience.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Revit modeling programs.
- Familiarity with capital project feasibility studies, budgetary estimates and alternatives analysis.
- Manage scheduling, invoicing, cost control and closeout of all capital projects.
- Able to provide engineering oversight from concept to completion.
- Maintaining continuing education, advancing, and evaluating new civil and structural technologies.
- Able to reduce complex problems to simple set of solutions.
- Able to communicate technical and business information effectively.
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, for both construction and managerial decision-making.
- Coach, develop, and mentor direct reports of all experience levels.
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering with 5-10 years experience.
- Masters or EIT desired. (PE preferred.)
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Revit, and RISA 3D modeling desired.
- Physical ability to climb stairs, ladders and navigate equipment platforms.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Segars Engineering strives to compensate all employees in the top 25th percentile for their particular discipline or area of expertise. We offer IRA contributions, health care and bonus compensation, life insurance plan and reimbursement for spa membership.
Direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Structural Engineer Position
Recent Comments by Admin
No comments by Admin yet.