Segars Engineering is seeking a highly motivated CAD Designer to join our interdisciplinary team at our satellite office in Covington, Virginia. Most work will be performed in a field office, with frequent visits to site projects in various stages of design and construction. Typical projects involve steel and concrete infrastructure for industrial manufacturing, with multiple projects, often occurring simultaneously.
- Reports to the Project Manager at a heavy industrial manufacturing facility.
- Works as the CAD Designer to generate existing and proposed 3D models, construction plans and detail drawings based on company and client standards.
- Utilizes AutoCAD, Revit or other software platforms (Autodesk software preferred) to model and draft.
- Maintains and follows company and client standards on drawings to ensure continuity across all projects.
- Physical ability to climb stairs, ladders and navigate equipment platforms.
- Experience with 3D design software.
- Experience and ability to work in office and field environments.
- Ability to read and interpret existing drawings and plan sheets.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must pass a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
- Must pass a drug test post-offer.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED IDEAL (but not required):
- Familiarity with AISC and ACI steel and concrete codes.
- Knowledge or experience with structural steel and reinforced concrete detailing.
- Knowledge or experience in the construction or fabrication industry.
- Experience with Revit or Inventor software.
Segars Engineering strives to compensate all employees in the top 25th percentile for their particular discipline or area of expertise. We offer IRA contributions, health care and bonus compensation, life insurance plan and reimbursement for spa membership.
Direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: CAD Designer Position